Breadcrumbs

Brake Pedal Modification

More
14 Jun 2020 15:53 #7 by Gary Hays
Replied by Gary Hays on topic Brake Pedal Modification
Yes, I am selling the brake pedals to club members for $200, which includes shipping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randy Hirsch AP
08 Jun 2020 09:52 #8 by Randy Hirsch AP
Replied by Randy Hirsch AP on topic Brake Pedal Modification
Similar to the setup on my project coupe, only much nicer!

Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2020 12:02 #9 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Brake Pedal Modification
Nicely done. Have you tried it yet? Because the pedal is located closer to the swivel point of the lever (about half way), the pilot will have to push proportionately harder (about twice) to get the same breaking action (torque) as the old pedal. Just a thought.

• Shannon Gomes
03 Jun 2020 08:10 #10 by Shannon Gomes
Replied by Shannon Gomes on topic Brake Pedal Modification
Are you selling any brake pedals?

More
03 Feb 2020 15:50 - 13 Feb 2020 14:21 #11 by Super User
Brake Pedal Modification was created by Super User
Posted on behalf of Gary Hays.

As a member of the Ercoupe Owners Club, I thought you might be interested in what I have designed for my 1946 415-C Coupe with after-market rudder pedals. It is a heel brake lever, installed with original hardware. I have owned Coupes that had both the foot brake and the parking brake. When rudder pedals became available, the foot brake was discontinued, using just the parking brake on landing roll-out. I was not happy with that, because I don't feel that it provides adequate braking. I've been doing a ground-up restoration on my 415-C light sport with rudder pedals, and didn't want to trust all the work I've done to a cable routed through levers and pulleys, before being attached to the master cylinder. My heel brake attaches directly to the master cylinder, as in the original 415-C. It is made of 6061-T6 aluminum. The original brake pedal weighed 3.4 ounces; mine is only 2.6 ounces heavier, but is many times stronger than the original brake pedal. I have pictures available. If you have any comments, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Adding pictures Gary sent.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2020 14:21 by Super User. Reason: Adding pictures

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds