Breadcrumbs

What Oil is used in Alon A2 Nose wheel and Main Gear Oleo’s?

More
05 Jan 2022 18:24 #1 by John Jones
The spring gear are nice. Mine (sn A-145) has them although I wonder if the original trailing link design would softer the occasional firm landing more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2022 15:26 #2 by Warren Hampton
Sorry to hear your Alon did not come with Steel spring gear. My old '67 did an I loved them. Both came as a choice on later Alon. My Project '66 has them 5624F and 5644F the '67... Hopefully Vern gets 44F which is on AIG's salvage list now !

More
03 Jan 2022 08:33 #3 by Robert James
Matt, The timing of your reply to Flex the main trailing gear is excellent,! I may be able to do that this week, as part of my first annual and ongoing examination of the condition of my Alon, which is still all new to me.
As for the main oleo refurbish kit, it’s sold by Aircraft Spruce and consists of 2 seal cups, 2 bolts, and 2 sets of 3 related washers, plus an STC for use on certain Ercoupe’s including Alon’s. Costs $175 Cdn. Cheers,

More
03 Jan 2022 01:48 #4 by Matt Gunsch
My coupe has the cup seals, not sure what the refurbish kit is. Something to check during your annual is to jack the main gear and lift the trailing arm, if you can lift it with little to no resistance, then the strut probably needs fluid, if you have to add fluid, go ahead and pull the lower part of the cylinder and inspect the O-ring or seal cup. First annual I did on mine I found the cups in pieces.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
Attachments:

More
02 Jan 2022 23:29 #5 by Robert James
Hi Matt, Thanks for the explanation. There is no STC recorded for gear refurbishment on this Alon. So We’ll go with 5606 fluid for the Mains and Nose-wheel Oleo’s.
BTW, Have you used the refurbish kit with the cup seals?
If so, were the results satisfactory? Thanks,

More
02 Jan 2022 23:21 #6 by Robert James
Thank you, I made a note to buy some with my next Aircraft spruce order. Cheers,

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds