Breadcrumbs

AV-30 Count?

More
03 Jan 2021 21:38 #1 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic AV-30 Count?useful load increase
The Mini GA is considered a portable and allowed in our planes, just not as a primary instrument. That is not an issue for VFR flights. Mine will go in as a minor alteration with just a log book entry along with a revision to the equipment list and weight and balance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lawson Laslo
03 Jan 2021 20:09 - 03 Jan 2021 20:12 #2 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic AV-30 Count?useful load increase

John Jones wrote: I'm going down a similar path but with a GRT Mini GA to remove the vacuum system and weight savings. For a couple of hundred dollars more it will have actual mag. heading vs. gps track, synthetic vision, a flight director the option to display a moving map or an actual HSI. It also has the capability to create a synthetic approach to any runway in its data base. It too fits in a 3 1/8" hole.

is it possible to install in the Ercoupe, connectingpitot and static lines to it, since it is an experimental avionic?
If so what would the process be like to install it?
Last edit: 03 Jan 2021 20:12 by Lawson Laslo.

More
02 Jan 2021 10:00 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic AV-30 Count?useful load increase
I'm going down a similar path but with a GRT Mini GA to remove the vacuum system and weight savings. For a couple of hundred dollars more it will have actual mag. heading vs. gps track, synthetic vision, a flight director the option to display a moving map or an actual HSI. It also has the capability to create a synthetic approach to any runway in its data base. It too fits in a 3 1/8" hole.

More
02 Jan 2021 07:57 #4 by William James
Replied by William James on topic AV-30 Count?useful load increase
I was talking about trying to cut some take-off weight out of our 415-C . My wife said she knew a way to cut as mush as 20 to 25 pounds take-off weight . . .I asked just how she proposed to do that ?
Easy . . . push yourself away from the table quickly each meal for about 3 months !

More
04 Dec 2020 08:52 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic AV-30 Count?
2200 is about right for static on a C-85. You might look at getting your prop flattened a bit to 48 or 49 inches. I think you'd see a pretty good improvement in takeoff performance. You might lose your 3 mph, but I'd rather go a little slower than worry about clearing the trees!

More
04 Dec 2020 08:46 #6 by William James
Replied by William James on topic AV-30 Count?
my son gave me the AV-30 for my Ercoupe 415 - C . Said I needed all the help I could get.
A most incredible Instrument !! While it would not be legal , you could take nearly all the other instruments out of your bird and still have all you needed VFR . . . . . . Mine are set up for TAS , attitude , GPS tied to my 496 , DG , altitude set by barometer ,
Love my coupe but I wish I could get a better (shorter) take off performance . 7150 prop , strong engine (C-85) but can't get past 2200 RPM on take-off (LOOOONG take-off run ) Nearly always at max gross on takeoff . (2450 RPM full throttle at 5500 ft). My first bird was an Ercoupe in 1963 but I can't remember if it was the same performance . . . . for interest , I put wheel pants on my craft . Looks great , added 13 lbs to E.W. , but maybe 3 MPH to airspeed (if that)
I pray for a better 2021 for our fly-ins

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds