Breadcrumbs

Anti-collision Light Suggestions?

• Morris Pearson
25 Apr 2022 22:43 #1 by Morris Pearson
Replied by Morris Pearson on topic Anti-collision Light Suggestions?
The new unit will be listed as 14 VDC which is simply means the generator will output a 13.8 VDC level and most of us codgers still refer to them as 12 volt systems because the battery will read something less than 13 volts when the generator is not charging the battery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Morris Pearson
25 Apr 2022 22:37 #2 by Morris Pearson
I used a 3.75” model to fit the existing hole from a old motorized beacon. Most all Ercoupes will need a 12 VDC unit which means a 12 volt DC system. I replaced my old bottom mounted beacon. Much brighter and extremely low power drain which really helps to reduce the current load on these old 20 amp generators

More
25 Apr 2022 17:10 #3 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic Anti-collision Light Suggestions?
Morris,
I'm ready to order the Whelan Orion 360 for my Coupe which does not currently have an exiosting rotating beacon. There are a bunch of 360 models listed. Did you get a 2.6" or 3.75" base?, 28 VDC or 14 VDC (what is VDC anyway?), top or bottom mount? Feedback on the site makes the lights sound very bright, a good thing, I'm thinking I'll get a split red and white to reduce the flash impact in the cockpit, any thoughts there?
Thanks again,
Tim

More
26 Aug 2021 15:29 - 26 Aug 2021 15:36 #4 by Victor Yordan
Replied by Victor Yordan on topic Anti-collision Light Suggestions?
If you already have ADS-b installed then ignore this, however, the Uavionix SkyBeacon comes with AC light standard along with the red LED light. I have the old style WHELEN MODEL 70509 FLASHER  and would love to find anLED bulb replacement for the standard Halogen bulb it comes with if possible.

VY
Last edit: 26 Aug 2021 15:36 by Victor Yordan.

More
25 Aug 2021 12:00 #5 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic Anti-collision Light Suggestions?
Thanks Morris.  I'll check it out.

Tim

• Morris Pearson
24 Aug 2021 21:15 - 24 Aug 2021 21:20 #6 by Morris Pearson
Just installed an Orion 360 LED beacon. Very nice but not cheap and you will likely need to an installation kit as well. Bought mine from Aircraft Spruce on line. It is TSOed and pulls very lttle current and no anoying wining on the radio like so many strobes do. If not replacing a previously installed beacon you will probably need to have it installed on a 337.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2021 21:20 by Morris Pearson.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds