Breadcrumbs

Universal tow bar for lawn tractor/tug.

More
26 Nov 2019 08:21 #1 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Universal tow bar for lawn tractor/tug.
Fair question. There is sort of grate covered, metal channel, about 12 inches deep and eight inches wide that runs the entire width of the hangar front, just outside the doors. It slopes slightly toward the north allowing the water to flow out beyond and behind the hangar. Works very well keeping water out, even in very heavy rains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 20:02 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Universal tow bar for lawn tractor/tug.
Uphill OUT of the hangar? How do you keep the water out of the hangar? Mine is uphill INTO the hangar.

More
12 Nov 2019 20:13 #3 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Universal tow bar for lawn tractor/tug.
I didn't get any response to this but, to follow up... I went with the Wag Aero ball hitch unit. It works perfectly. It was so nice not to have to pull the plane out of the hangar, uphill.

More
29 Oct 2019 14:54 #4 by Ken Thompson
Universal tow bar for lawn tractor/tug. was created by Ken Thompson
I bought a JD garden tractor a few months ago to be used as a tug. My hangar sits at the bottom of a slope and it's a bit of a challenge pulling it up the hill to my ramp. I need a tow bar that will fit the Ercoupe. My "manual" towbar has 7/8 inch cups that fit over the axle nuts. I would like to find a tow bar with a ball hitch. Wag Aero has one but has pin type connectors , not cups, to connect to the plane. Sporty's has a "universal" towbar with the 7/8 inch cups that will fit the plane, and a drop pin connection to the tug.
Sporty's, apparently, does not offer the same type bar with a ball hitch.

Sportys drop pin tow bar.

Wag Aero Ball hitch towbar

I can live with the drop pin bar but would prefer the ball hitch.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds