Breadcrumbs

Stall Speed - 25knots?

More
31 Jul 2023 14:59 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Stall Speed - 25knots?
You should not get a clean stall. Coupe's mush and drop the nose. then pick up wing speed, then do it again. I call it a step-down stall. I know C150s do a snap into stalls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2023 11:42 #2 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic Stall Speed - 25knots?
The airspeed has been calibrated against gps speed during the annual last month.

I also am just realizing that the airspeed may stop working at 40 knots which why it is dipping down to 25 knots. Also the higher angle of attack may effect the pitot tube operation. I will check the gps speed next time I practice stalls.

More
26 Jul 2023 10:42 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Stall Speed - 25knots?
I would suspect an indicated airspeed issue. You have complied with AD2012-08-06 for the airspeed indicator calibration, right? I know mine reads low at lower speeds and high at higher speeds.

More
26 Jul 2023 04:08 - 26 Jul 2023 04:11 #4 by RP J
Stall Speed - 25knots? was created by RP J
I have been practicing stalls with my instructor and we cannot get the plane to stall until around 20-25 knots with power off or on. It is at these slow speeds that a stall is felt. Only 100ft is lost after recovery.

The published stall speeds are way above this which I find confusing. Is the plane actually stalling and the stall is just not being felt? Is there any danger in practicing stalls at these low speeds? They are easy to get out of and the plane always seems in control. I just cant understand why the manual Vso is seemingly so far off.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2023 04:11 by RP J.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds