Breadcrumbs

Misleading Ercoupe for Sale Listings (Converted to D)

More
15 Jul 2023 09:39 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Misleading Ercoupe for Sale Listings (Converted to D)
This is why I said the FAA dose know S#*+ ! Some there in the FAA thought that because Forney was building Coupes then all Coupes should be called Forney's ( whatever the ...) I don't Know how many times I have looked an N-number an seen it called a Forney with an 415s serial number. If the 337 does not list the steps to modify to D it is a no go. Unless it per so and so. and send a copy of that form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2023 23:22 #2 by Ronald Raty
You have the best of both worlds. If you want to fly light sport, then go with the C model per the registration. If you want to load to 1400 pounds, then claim it was converted to a D model, per the 337. Just don't make both arguments on the same day, and don't put anything in writing.

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 Jul 2023 11:47 #3 by Greg Harris
There’s a 337 files with FAA. Registration says C.

All the work to make it a D was done. Elevator, placards etc.

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 Jul 2023 11:45 #4 by Greg Harris
It’s there under request records. I’ll do a video when I get home tonight.

More
10 Jul 2023 00:48 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Misleading Ercoupe for Sale Listings (Converted to D)
What does your Reg certif say C or CD, D. Face it FAA does know *^#* . If it has not been flown as a D? Has the Data plate been changed or has it been stamped D after the orid. data plat. Does it have the univair D data plate?Have the shock been drill for the higher weight? What is the Elev set at? Lots of Coupe have screwed up paper work...

More
07 Jul 2023 11:36 - 07 Jul 2023 12:02 #6 by Wouter van Tiel
Replied by Wouter van Tiel on topic Misleading Ercoupe for Sale Listings (Converted to D)
Greg, great info on the FAA cares account. I set one up with the multiple factor authentication - the place is like Fort Knox - and I am looking for the STCs for the plane I am looking to purchase, but so far no luck finding this info, so now on phone for a 30 minute wait to see if they can point me in the right direction. Will post where to find it on the FAA cares site once I know.

Just spent that 30 minutes and the support for the FAA cares site says they only do registrations and AW certs. They gave me the number of the local FSDO to call. 

Last edit: 07 Jul 2023 12:02 by Wouter van Tiel. Reason: adnl info

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds