Breadcrumbs

10 years outside on the grass behind a hangar

More
11 Jun 2023 06:42 #1 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic 10 years outside on the grass behind a hangar
Good luck as well, it'll be great to have Erkel back in the air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Harris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2023 21:09 #2 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic 10 years outside on the grass behind a hangar
Good luck with the project, and kudos for getting another 'coupe back in the air.

More
08 Jun 2023 18:29 #3 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic 10 years outside on the grass behind a hangar
That looks like a fun project. I am a little envious.

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
08 Jun 2023 16:31 - 08 Jun 2023 16:33 #4 by Greg Harris
Hi all!

Short story is that my 1946 415-C has sat for 10 years outside on the grass behind a hangar with only wing covers to protect it.

Long story, as well as a blog of the progress in making it airworthy again (assuming it can be) can be found at myercoupe.com .

I have been talking with Gene Bunt who has graciously offered to help me move it to a hangar at Trenton-Mercer TTN airport to asses it’s condition and to begin the process of getting it airworthy, as well as make some updates. 

I’m definitely going to need help from the community and have been in touch with Vernon and some others to source parts I’m going to need. 

You can see the current condition of the plane on my website, as well as read the history of how it got in this predicament. I’ll be posting constant updates as well as a log of parts, etc and costs. I figure getting the community involved can only help it nursing “Erkel” the Ercoupe back to health.

I look forward to your feedback and support and I’m glad to be part of the owner’s group!

Greg

myercoupe.com

Last edit: 08 Jun 2023 16:33 by Greg Harris.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds