Breadcrumbs

Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1

• Gale York
  • Topic Author
18 Jan 2020 01:40 #1 by Gale York
Replied by Gale York on topic Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1
Good, appreciate the reply. I did talk with Vernon and he has the solution. Do appreciate this thread......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2020 15:51 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1
For what it is worth, I used an ACS-730 and cut it to the desired length. I have the NAS3A1 carb with the short arm, although it would work with the longer arm also if you have that modification, it has plenty of throw. You will need a swivel clamp to connect the push/pull wire to the arm.

More
17 Jan 2020 10:19 #3 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1
Get the long one and if it's too long, just (first) pull the cable out of the sleeve and cut the sleeve where you need to mount it to get an even pull on the arm of the carb control. Then, reinsert the cable, and cut it to length to manipulate the arm.

Be sure to have an A&P (if you aren't one) oversee and approve the work. It'll need to be logged.

• Gale York
  • Topic Author
17 Jan 2020 09:51 - 17 Jan 2020 09:52 #4 by Gale York
Replied by Gale York on topic Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1
Thanks for your reply Josef. Those numbers are for the F-1..they are serial number specific, but my problem is that one is for
"long" and the other is "short". And I believe that's related to the long or short arm on the carb. I don't have mixture control now and it never has; so I want to add it. The carb came from the factory w/mixture wired closed. I have a call in to Vernon Gregory, but have not reached him yet. Again, thanks for the help....

I suspect that it is the shorter one though.

Gale
Last edit: 17 Jan 2020 09:52 by Gale York.

More
17 Jan 2020 08:08 #5 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Mixture control part number fo Forney F-1
Gale,

I do not know, but can suggest an easy way to find out - if you have the old one - you can measure it.

Also, you can get the longer one and cur it down to fit.

Given the 415-xxxx part number, that's likely the "C" model cable. That would drive me to the longer one.

josef

josef

• Gale York
  • Topic Author
16 Jan 2020 21:40 #6 by Gale York
Univair has two mixture cables for the F-1. I am hoping someone might know witch is correct for the Stromberg NAS3A1.
Pt # 415-51104 is 46”x3/8”. Pt # 660171-000 is 58”x9/16”. They differ from the “C”. Any help here?
Thanks......

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds