Breadcrumbs

Wing Nav Lights

More
05 Apr 2020 21:26 - 05 Apr 2020 21:29 #1 by Robert Regester
Replied by Robert Regester on topic Wing Nav Lights

Robert Regester wrote: Looked for LED replacements. Local owner has BA15S base lights and I have BA16D base. Aero-Lites has replacement LED lights for Both.

I replaced mine with Aero-Lites D base. Same form factor. Reduced a single light amps from about 1 amp to 143 ma. Big win! I also reduced the load tremendously by replacing the 8 amp landing light. I looked at what a Carbon Cub comes with and it looks like they use Aero-Lites.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2020 21:29 by Robert Regester.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2020 18:16 - 15 Mar 2020 18:16 #2 by Robert Regester
Replied by Robert Regester on topic Wing Nav Lights
Looked for LED replacements. Local owner has BA15S base lights and I have BA16D base. Aero-Lites has replacement LED lights for Both.
Last edit: 15 Mar 2020 18:16 by Robert Regester.

More
02 Mar 2019 21:20 #3 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Wing Nav Lights
It is Monarch Aviation in Defuniak Springs, at the airport. Owners name is Carl. They are not the cheapest but they are reasonable and the work is done correctly and promptly. It's an hour flight from Tallahassee for me so I go over every once in a while just to visit and see the new stuff.

• Clay McCutchan
02 Mar 2019 09:01 #4 by Clay McCutchan
Replied by Clay McCutchan on topic Wing Nav Lights
Gordie,

I want to put LED lights on my Coupe N-91N and also LED landing lights. Request any info to help. Also, where is Monarch Aviation? I am in NW FL just east of Pensacola, FL and there was a Monarch Aviation further east in Defuniak Springs, FL that has since changed names. Also, my landing lights are the old style in the wheel legs.
Clay T. McCutchan, Milton, FL

More
06 Nov 2018 08:09 #5 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Wing Nav Lights
I went back and checked to see how we installed them. Monarch Aviation did the installation and I found he had done a 337 and gotten a field approval. When I checked the web site, I could not find the Univair listings either. Sorry about the mis-information.

• Scott Whidden
05 Nov 2018 23:08 #6 by Scott Whidden
Replied by Scott Whidden on topic Wing Nav Lights
Hello Gordie,

No luck finding any refeernce to Ercoupe or Univair on the Whelen sight.
Can you elaborate anymore?
Scott

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds