Breadcrumbs

New to the club! V-Speed clarification....415-D w/ O-200

More
23 Apr 2024 20:09 #1 by James Good
Va is 108mph on all the Ercoupe TCDS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Antonelli
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2024 19:59 #2 by Michael Antonelli
Replied by Michael Antonelli on topic New to the club! V-Speed clarification....415-D w/ O-200
Thank you so much Larry!

More
17 Apr 2024 19:54 #3 by Larry Snyder
Welcome! Great folks in the EOC. Use the deep experience we have here.
I’m pretty simplistic and use 70mph for Vx and 80 for Vy. Va is 117 and Vne is 144. My rotation speed depends on how heavy the plane is. An O-200 in a ragwing should fly pretty well!

• Michael Antonelli
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2024 19:45 - 17 Apr 2024 20:12 #4 by Michael Antonelli
Hello Everyone! 

I am Mike, and I am very fortunate to be the new owner of the "Copper Coupe" (N94039) here in the great state of Arizona! I have been flying off and on for years (Private (single and multi) and Instrument ratings) and after getting burnt out in both airline management and more recently in tech (self-driving cars) I have decided that a career change is what is best for my sanity.

I have finished a very extensive annual (lots of wiring work) with a new Garmin 335 with ADS-B so I am ready to fly! In getting ready to start building some time and having fun I have ran across so many variations of v-speeds when putting my checklist together. There are v-speeds that I see as consistent across all sources (Va, Vno and Vne), but the following speeds I have seen listed with quite a degree of differentiation (Vr, Vx, Vy, Vso (I plan on running it at 1300+ lbs).

My plane is a 1946 D conversion with the O-200 STC still with fabric wings. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance and I'm looking forward to connecting with my local Coupers when I bring my plane up to KGEU next week! 

- Mike  
Last edit: 17 Apr 2024 20:12 by Michael Antonelli. Reason: Vso

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds