Breadcrumbs

Researching Ercoupe to buy ... any tips on finding info?

More
21 Sep 2020 09:22 #1 by Matt Gunsch
The place to ask is on here, the Ercoupe tech mailing list, facebook groups, and if you know the airport the plane is at, ask around there.
For damage history there is the NTSB aviation database. There is no database for inspections, that is only in the logbooks. For a pre purchase, get someone who knows Coupes, and never use the mechanic who has been working on the plane for the last
of years.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2020 07:44 #2 by Chris Longfellow
New to aircraft purchasing and looking for some advice ... I'm in the market to buy an Ercoupe and have been watching the usual sources (here, Barnstormers, Trade-a-plane, etc.). Is there anywhere that I can search the tail (or serial) number to find out more details about the aircraft history (aside from FAA registration/accident history) ... for example, perhaps someone has viewed the aircraft in person and can comment on what they saw... or perhaps a recent inspection was performed and someone is willing to share the results.

I've heard some horror stories and want to avoid wasted travel time and/or inspection costs if someone else has gone through the trouble already.

Appreciate any and all guidance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds