Breadcrumbs

Best Headset for Ercoupe

• Scott Engelhart
24 Aug 2017 20:01 #7 by Scott Engelhart
Replied by Scott Engelhart on topic Best Headset for Ercoupe
Although not cheap, I love my Bose headsets, with canopy open or closed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joey Shreve
12 Aug 2017 16:39 #8 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic Best Headset for Ercoupe
I have partial hearing loss in both ears with Tinnitus as well. I use a Clarity Aloft headset and love it in the Ercoupe. Now my radio on the other hand I need to replace. What a waste of space and electronics. Thankfully I carried a handheld with me.

More
12 Aug 2017 15:09 #9 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Best Headset for Ercoupe
I am very happy with my David Clark headset, as many are, but your special circumstances may require ANR. I suggest borrowing a few different headsets from pilot friends and trying them out in your own plane. A great headset may not work very well with an older radio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Etchison

• Don Etchison
  • Topic Author
12 Aug 2017 08:26 #10 by Don Etchison
Best Headset for Ercoupe was created by Don Etchison
Getting back into flying after several decades and finalizing the purchase of an Ercoupe. I have hearing loss and need the proper or best headset for flying the coupe with cockpit open. I was preparing to purchase the ANR or (Active Noise Reduction or noise cancelling sets) after reading they are the best, but then read they are not good for open cockpit flying. Also, the coupe I am preparing to buy has a ten year old radio and I am not sure if its age or quality are also part of the problem in hearing in addition to using an old cheap headset coupled with my own hearing loss. Of course, I want to be safe and to hear all radio and intercom communications without straining. I appreciate advise and recommendations from members with first hand experience in this area. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds