Breadcrumbs

OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?

More
21 Jun 2017 17:07 #1 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?
After looking at mine - Kevin is correct - it has a plastic cover/bezel over an aluminum "box". My Coupe went through a many year rebuild and I remember the older mechanic telling me it had a "Cessna 150" front end on it, including an 0-200, Cessna instruments, etc. - he even joked about having the local FSDO inspector look at the Cessna Coupe. So, I'll bet it is a 150 console. I'll see if a local older 150 has one to compare. Had not used my camera so the battery died.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2017 15:08 #2 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?
I don't know who came up with the console originally. I don't think they are original to anything but are an after market piece. The front indent would have a red light installed for the instruments. The back indent would have a dome light.

Kevin

More
21 Jun 2017 02:32 #3 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?
I think the forward one was/is a cutout that had a glass in it and a light under the glass projecting light into the cockpit - with a small switch on the side adjacent to the glass. I have a console that looks original but glass is missing. If I get to the airport today, I'll take a closer look at the details. And I think a place for a speaker is there. Yeah, yeah I know --- what about a picture? I'll try.

• MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
  • Topic Author
20 Jun 2017 08:37 - 20 Jun 2017 08:41 #4 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
Replied by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN on topic OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?

My serial number is 2762, I don't know if there ever was one in my coupe. I read a post by Kevin Gassert a while back and he said "Does anyone remember the overhead consoles? Skyport sent an old beat up one to Premier Aerospace Services & Technology who makes many plastic parts for Cessna and Pipers. They have recreated the consoles. While at Oshkosh I visited their booth and picked one up for myself and they look nice. They come in a light gray and light beige. I don't sell these or have anything to do with it, am just passing the info. If interested call PAST at 580-327-3706. Kevin" So I called "Past" and ordered one and the attached pic will show the indentions I am referring to. Thanks for your interest.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2017 08:41 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN.

More
19 Jun 2017 19:55 #5 by Lynn Nelsen AP/IA
Replied by Lynn Nelsen AP/IA on topic OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS?
Hey Michael: W#hat is your serial number? I just looked at SN 3220 and 3440, and they both have only one indentation (hole). It is located just in front of frame F. In 3220, this hole is utilized to feed the power wire from the instrument light down into the rear bulkhead. The instrument light in both of these airplanes is located just aft of the sliding window channel very near the top of the channel. There is no indentation for the light, but the power wire is definitely fed through the channel. I think there have been different arrangements, but I do not recall what they were/are.

Lynn

• MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
  • Topic Author
18 Jun 2017 18:59 #6 by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
OVERHEAD CONSOLE INDENTIONS? was created by MICHAEL MCGAFFIGAN
If anyone has a Coupe (or knows of someone) with the ORIGINAL overhead center console, I would like to know what the two indentions were used for. there is one pointing forward (just over the seat back ) and another 12 inches aft. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds