Breadcrumbs

How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?

More
19 Sep 2020 15:12 #7 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Replying again: Your story is inspiring to me as I just bought my first Ercoupe (415E with C85) having owned five Bonanzas and one Deb in past 23 years. Took a chance on the Erco upe. After only three landings still learning for sure! No rudder pedals; my feet keep pushing on the floor boards! This will more than likely be my last airplane. 78 (79 next month). Looking forward to the adventure!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2020 15:01 #8 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Inspiring story. I'm 78 (79 next month) bought my first Ercoupe three weeks ago. Still learning to fly her after only three landings. Having owned five Bonanzas and one Deb over 23 years, I taken a chance on the Coupe! No rudders; my feet are still pushing on the floor!!!

More
17 Sep 2020 21:13 #9 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
889 is really not too bad compared to so many that are well into the 900s. It’s hard to recommend what to do when we don’t know what you’ve already done.
I have just about every light weight Option there is.
Alternator. Starter. Magnetos., Relatively minimalist interior. Lightweight 2 1/2 inch radio. Fabric wings.
Mine weighs 850. I could lose a little more by getting rid of the turn coordinator and Venturi and getting a lightweight battery.

• Chris Doggett
17 Sep 2020 17:55 #10 by Chris Doggett
Replied by Chris Doggett on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
Mine weights 889lb. 415c fabric wings. I’m open to suggestions for hw to lighten this bird.

More
24 Jul 2020 06:37 #11 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
The final 3rd weighing was done after the annual inspection and the new official weight is 948lbs. Flew out to Portland ME, drove up to Laconia NH and the little coupe is finally mine and out of her hangar after 4 years sitting idle. An Ercoupe experienced pilot tested it and positioned it at KLCI for me. Spent my 66th birthday flying my Ercoupe, getting familiar and setup to my liking. First PIC flights since 1997.
Departed KLCI and spent 7/18 to 7/20 flying 966sm back to northern Michigan She never skipped at beat and now the real fun begins. Thanks to all those that answered my question here.
Rustypilot.

More
13 Jul 2020 06:44 #12 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic How much does your ERCOUPE WEIGH?
After guys leveled the ercoupe on the scales, 2nd weighing came in at 954#. These darn coupes gain weight just looking at them. Time to get the NUTRISYSTEM STC for the pilot.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds