Breadcrumbs

PBS TJ 100 Jet engine

More
26 Feb 2020 15:51 #1 by Charles Rosenfeld
Replied by Charles Rosenfeld on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
Wow! Thet would be fun until the airspeed exceeded 144 mph! Then "Katie bar the door"...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
22 Feb 2020 20:03 #2 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
It would be fun to fly. There could still be CG problems. The C-90 has the same displacement as the O-200, but a different cam and 71 inch prop. When I flew last week with an almost full fuel load on my Alon, I climbed 700 FPM even though I weigh 225 pounds. It was 45 degrees. I have an O-200 on my Cessna 150 D with a 6946 Sensenich prop turning 2650 climbing at 600-700 FPM . With the original prop, it climbed at 2450 and 400 FPM. My goal is to get as close to rated RPM as possible to get closer to rated HP. During my Biannual check, the local flight examiner said that my 150 had almost twice the climb of any others on the field.

More
22 Feb 2020 16:03 #3 by John Chirtea
Replied by John Chirtea on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
Hi Henry. Re the STC, the Alon A-2 was not included in the STC. However, the owner of the STC thought this could be accomplished with a field inspection.
Re the Jet engine, I did not intend this to be the main "engine" for the plane, but rather just a supplementary power source to drive the plane. It would just be a novelty to try and prove that what has been established for the Sonex jet, might work for an Ercoupe. One fuel tank would feed the C85, and the other fuel tank could go to the jet. This was just a little rainy day dreaming! Thanks

• Henry Pasquet
22 Feb 2020 11:31 - 22 Feb 2020 11:34 #4 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
It would not be within CG limits unless you strapped enough lead up front to balance the same as a C-85. It would be almost impossible to install. The airspeed, weight and acceleration limits would be unchanged. The best solution is to put an O-200 on it using the new STC.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2020 11:34 by Henry Pasquet.

More
04 Feb 2020 20:56 #5 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
I actually would like to see a little tiny turboprop. Motor/transmission should be lighter than a stock Continental and you could get amazing climb if you had a constant speed.

More
01 Feb 2020 12:21 #6 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic PBS TJ 100 Jet engine
at 30 to 40 gallons per hour, it would be a short flight. But what a ride!

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds