Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe 415-C

• Jack Arthur
28 Feb 2019 09:06 #1 by Jack Arthur
Replied by Jack Arthur on topic Ercoupe 415-C
If anyone is interested in a set of wheel pants, I have a complete set with hardware, $500.00 for all three.
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gene Hershey
27 Feb 2019 21:09 #2 by Gene Hershey
Replied by Gene Hershey on topic Ercoupe 415-C
Hi, Bill. My Ercoupe, an E model with a Ç-90 installed, has the wheel pants. It added 2-3 mph only and weigh right at 15 lbs. Bit man, they sure look good. IMHO, wheel pants improve the looks of an Ercoupe exponentially! Don't know how to add pix here. When I figure it out I'll post some.

But my Ercoupe is way too heavy at 944 e.w.so I'm looking at a lighter prop, battery and replacing boat anchor avionics as well. We'll see . . .

Gene

More
28 Jan 2019 21:13 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Ercoupe 415-C
If the wheel pants are shown in the parts manual, it should be a log book entry along with a W&B update. If they are STC'd then you need the STC paperwork and file a 337 logbook entry and W&B update.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
28 Jan 2019 10:21 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Ercoupe 415-C
My understanding (just from word of mouth) is that the wheel pants add very little speed, maybe none. But they do add about 15 pounds. I'm not sure about the paperwork. Hopefully somebody will know about that.

More
28 Jan 2019 10:04 #5 by William James
Ercoupe 415-C was created by William James
I am going to install wheel pants on the Ercoupe . Can anyone give me actual info on whether there is significant performance increase or decrease with the pants/fairings. I also understand they are legal to install as "minor modifications" . . . . Sure would appreciate a timely response .

Bill James
Canton, Ohio
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
330 495 6041
N919BJ (FKA N99933)

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds