Breadcrumbs

Best degreaser option

• Joey Shreve
  • Topic Author
31 Aug 2018 09:59 #1 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic Best degreaser option
Ventilation isn't an issue, I have a fan on in my hangar and the doors are normally open when I am working. I will look to make sure I have good drains that are not already plugged and check a few things before I start cleaning with whatever option. I need to pick up a good shop vac as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 09:45 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Best degreaser option
I may be old school here, but I've always felt that dish soap and stiff nylon brush and some elbow grease also do the trick quite well.

For gummed up grease, I also found that 100LL (or any fuel - it;s a solvent) works well. BUT! work in a well-ventilated area.

More
31 Aug 2018 09:28 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Best degreaser option
Not sure if this is an answer, but I find that the aviation Simple Green washes away grease really well. I like to rinse it off after I use it, but it's supposed to be safe for aluminum aircraft.

• Joey Shreve
  • Topic Author
31 Aug 2018 09:22 - 31 Aug 2018 09:24 #4 by Joey Shreve
Best degreaser option was created by Joey Shreve
Okay, I have read dozens of belly degreaser posts on different forums, but none of them are specific to what I need. I am tearing my Ercoupe apart for its first annual under my ownership, so basically I am fixing things like; rebuilding the seat frame that has been pieced together over the last 70 or so years. Changing a few things and removing my venturi and associated instruments.

Well to the fun, I have a lot of grime inside my plane that needs to find a burn barrel or land fill or environmental waste facility your choice of words may be used. And I want to clean the inside belly of my plane. Any suggestions on what to use to make this job a) easy and b) simple. Okay other than getting some young kid that can bend, squeeze, and contortionist their bodys while cleaning.

Picture of interior
Last edit: 31 Aug 2018 09:24 by Joey Shreve.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds