Breadcrumbs

Electric/capacitance fuel gauge

More
19 Mar 2018 20:55 - 19 Mar 2018 20:56 #1 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Electric/capacitance fuel gauge
I installed an EI FP5 fuel flow gauge which is approved for my M-10 and after a couple of calibrations, it has become very accurate in telling me how much fuel I have left, how much I have used, what my flow rate is (more than I thought), and how much time I have left. It also has two settable fuel alarms. I think it is approved for all Coupes and Alons also.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2018 20:56 by Gordie Meade. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Carlisle
  • Topic Author
19 Mar 2018 20:49 #2 by Chris Carlisle
Electric/capacitance fuel gauge was created by Chris Carlisle
Spring is here and if it weren't for my 415C, ser # 508 having it's prop off for overhaul I'd be flying every day as the weather gets better here in South Dakota. She's getting plenty of use now with 3 out of 4 of my kids having their licenses within the last year and fighting for flight time when the weather is right.

I worry about fuel management though. The glass sight gauge on the left wing tank down on the floor of the cockpit is hard to see, esp in flight and I've seen lots of pics of people with electronic/capacitive gauges mounted on their panels. Is there an STC for this? If so, which gauge/kit qualifies? If not, what have other people done to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Chris Carlisle
415C #508
Sioux Falls, SD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds