Breadcrumbs

Owner Produced Prop?

• Joey Shreve
  • Topic Author
29 Oct 2017 09:30 #1 by Joey Shreve
Replied by Joey Shreve on topic Owner Produced Prop?
Sorry for the delay. I didn't mean that I would make it personally, just Per the FAA doc, "Participate in the controlling the design". I am thinking more of finding someone who makes props and just having them make one. Yes I could buy a $2300 Sensenich or even have my metal prop reworked to get rid of all the scuffs and marks, but since I don't have much info on the prop as far as when anything was ever if ever done to it I have been thinking a nice wooden prop would look good on the front of my Coupe.

www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Adviso...ular/AC%2020-62E.pdf

Owner/Operator Produced Part. Parts that were produced by an owner/operator for
installation on their own aircraft (i.e., by a certificated air carrier). An owner/operator is
considered a producer of a part, if the owner participated in controlling the design, manufacture,
or quality of the part. Participating in the design of the part can include supervising the
manufacture of the part or providing the manufacturer with the following: the design data, the
materials with which to make the part, the fabrication processes, assembly methods, or the
quality control (QC) procedures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
27 Oct 2017 21:03 #2 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Owner Produced Prop?
All were originally wood. They dampened vibration better, but the metal give better performance, I believe. We should get some comments on that. Sensenich still makes wood props for the C-75/85 engines. I do not recommend trying to make one. It is too critical.

• Joey Shreve
  • Topic Author
27 Oct 2017 10:23 #3 by Joey Shreve
Owner Produced Prop? was created by Joey Shreve
So has anyone "Made" a prop for their Ercoupe as an Owner Produced part? I would like to have a wooden prop as I don't not know the history of my metal prop and it looks to be worn. I also like the idea of a wooden prop as I think they look very nice.

Thoughts?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds