Breadcrumbs

Wing leveler autopilot

More
20 Aug 2020 12:44 #1 by Andy Mintz Mintz
Replied by Andy Mintz Mintz on topic Wing leveler autopilot
Good question. Thxs for responding. Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2020 10:44 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Wing leveler autopilot
Typically the servos mount to the cables that control the surface being automated. That usually puts them in the wings or (for elevator/rudder) in the empennage behind the bulkhead.

• Dudley Beek
13 Aug 2020 10:39 #3 by Dudley Beek
Replied by Dudley Beek on topic Wing leveler autopilot
mini GA is two axis AP. one roll, the other pitch., I don't see where lack of direct rudder control (yaw) should affect it. Regulations apart, how /where on the control system/mixer box would you THEORETICALLY connect it ?

More
11 Aug 2020 17:21 #4 by Andy Mintz Mintz
Replied by Andy Mintz Mintz on topic Wing leveler autopilot
Dear Edward. Thxs for response. No one ever has put ap on no rudder ercoupe 415. Thxs

More
11 Aug 2020 14:01 #5 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Wing leveler autopilot
The Mini GA is certified for use as a portable electronic device. Per their web site:
Qualifies as portable electronic device allowing installation in certified aircraft per PS-ACE-23-01-R1. The Mini-GA is not certified and cannot be used as a primary or back-up.
Also, the installation manual prohibits it from sending data to other devices, which would include auto pilot servos:
2.6 General Serial Port Wiring Information The Mini’s RS-232 serial ports allow interfacing to a variety of equipment. Although serial outputs and inputs are provided, FAA regulations do not allow the Mini-GA to send any data to other systems in a certified aircraft.
I would love the ability to have autopilot capability but don't see how that would be possible without a field approval. Without going the change to experimental status route I don't see how that approval is possible.

More
11 Aug 2020 06:08 #6 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Wing leveler autopilot
GRT tells me only the Mini GA is legal for certified aircraft and it does handle auto pilot servos. Call them direct for "horses mouth" certainty

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds