Breadcrumbs

Ownership

More
10 Aug 2019 22:25 #1 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Ownership
I am just finishing up my rebuild (5 year project). To know how deep is the rust on the steel parts, you will have to sand blast them. I bought a cheap sand blaster (<$100) from Sears. Runs off my compressor and works well for small parts.

As for registration, it is my understanding you can buy a wreck, get the data plate, and put it on your plane and use that serial number and N number for registration. Think of it as buying a plane, and replacing everything, except the data plate. Vernon Gregory has a lot of salvaged planes he parts out, he might be able to help you. www.usedercoupeparts.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gene deRuelle
  • Topic Author
10 Aug 2019 21:27 #2 by Gene deRuelle
Ownership was created by Gene deRuelle
I Have an Ercoupe 415 that I traded my partially built Midget Mustang for. The previous owner bought it as parts. I intend a complete restoration if I live that long. I have a couple of questions. The owner who took the bird apart neglected to cover up the iron pieces and they are covered in rust. I don't believe it's too bad but I'd like to get rid of it. Second, does anyone know how to identify and aircraft with out any numbers? We can't find any S/N or N number. None. I would appreciate any help along those lines. My direct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds