Breadcrumbs

M10 Spring Gear

More
19 Dec 2017 10:48 #1 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic M10 Spring Gear
Thanks for the feedback Gordie. Most of my flying will be alone, so the useful load issue will be the exception. It did fly nice! I was in the right seat, so the oil pressure really caught my attention to the point of fixation. Appreciate the PIREP!

The hail marks just took me for surprised, as it was advertised as VGC. I know it is not a new plane.

We were closing up the hanger when I noticed the hail marks, as the owner had another commitment. I did not get a good look at the entire plane with that knowledge. The plane is 3 hour drive away, so I will probably look at it again soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2017 19:33 - 18 Dec 2017 19:34 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic M10 Spring Gear
I have had full fuel, two good sized adults, and some baggage and the M-10 did fine. My oil pressure is also at the bottom of the green but stays there even in really hot Florida weather. 69001 also has some hail dents due to being stored outdoors in Mississippi. You don't really notice it unless you are looking for it. I have seen the "on TV" dent remover kits and have considered trying to remove some but, to be honest, it just isn't worth the effort.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2017 19:34 by Gordie Meade.

More
18 Dec 2017 19:08 #3 by Mike Then
I was able to get a flight in the M10 this weekend I am interested in. In short, I really liked it. The gear us stout! A real stable little aircraft.

I was surprised to find out this one has a useful load of 453 lbs. It really has not changed much since coming from the factory (empty weight).

Is that typical of the M10s? I know the factory says 500 lbs, but I am sure that is a real striped version.

The oil pressure stayed on the low end of the green arc regardless of in flight power settings. I was told that is typical.

Other than that, I unfortunately noticed some light hail "marks" totally about 10 square feet on the wings and engine cowl. Very disappointed since it was advertised as "no damage." It is not worth fixing; only cosmetic.

Mike

More
13 Dec 2017 09:28 #4 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic M10 Spring Gear
Back when I was flying 5644F I missed a set of Fairing a fellow was selling they went to a guy for his Alon or M10 being shipped to Japan. That was the only set I heard of. Wheel pants on the other hand ?? the breaks are the same used on some Cessnas ( ' 68 150) come to mind but our axles are different. I don't know what that mean just a thought. Two things I know of happening with the steel gear are mounting bolt broke on 5644F before I owned her. And one left gear broke on landing. I send up one I had off an M10 to get the Lady back Flying. I got the lags out Az he put a set of trailing gear on his M-10 didn't like the steel?? As was said earlier check for cracks small one can be sanded out like a nick on a Prop.. Also check the tire wear should be the same on both tire.

More
13 Dec 2017 07:39 #5 by Mike Then
Gordie, Scott, and Warren-

Thank you all for the quick responses. I appreciate your experiences and vote of confidence with this gear.

I would think there has to be a way to configure fairings to this gear. But I have not even seen this gear in person.

Mike

More
13 Dec 2017 01:26 #6 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic M10 Spring Gear
I have a set of trailing gear rebuilt power coated in light Gray Shocks rebuilt Power coated in blue Cleveland brakes I would trade with you. 5644F had spring and I loved them. can't find wheel pants for spring gear...

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds